Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich

I posted this photo on my facebook last night. Now I will tell you all about it (contain your excitement). This was taken from a Pampered Chef cookbook, remember I used to sell that stuff. So I am not writing the recipe, I am writing the "tweeked" version that makes my house happy.
2 cans of refrigerated pizza crust
1 lb of roast beef (deli slices is what I use)
2 blocks of Monterrey pepper jack cheese
Roll out one crust flat. Place the sandwich meat all over it, covering it well. Grate the cheese and sprinkle one block all over it. Then start with one side and begin rolling (jelly roll style). I have cooked just one before and cooked it straight like a sub. But to feed more I make the other crust the same way and put it on my round stone to cook. I then rub egg white all over the crust to make it turn golden brown while cooking.
Bake at 400 degrees about 25 minutes.
My family doesn't really like bell peppers and some don't like onions. So what I do is just saute onions and mushrooms to eat poured on top of my sandwich. If every one likes these you can roll these in the sandwich as well. This feeds 4 people (healthy Howell size servings).

No comments:

Post a Comment